View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 06:42 PM   #597
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
That's always got me, how some will camp right next to a country pub , then are surprised to be hassled by drunks at closing time.
Fair call.

I guess it comes down to the difference between camping and travelling, are you just on a short weekend camp or actually travelling.
God knows i'd love to be able to feel like a pioneer every month on an isolated outback adventure but the reality of mid life responsibility dictates that im a long way off hooking up the off road caravan and heading bush for months at a time so a local camp as often as time and schedule permits will leave you with limited options and many people are in the same boat which brings you to those more heavily populated campsites on the fringes of reality.

One of the main reasons we upgraded from a soft floor camper to a forward fold was so that when time permits I can hook up on a Friday evening after work and spend a couple nights away by myself or with the youngest Daughter and unless I want to spend half the Friday night travelling and setting up in the dark it leaves you with little option other than local caravan parks or forest area's that everyone else has the same idea about.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: