View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 06:50 AM   #599
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I have been there Bent 8, I am in my early 60's, my youngest kids are 35, mortgage - what mortgage? So we are in a position to travel a little more. We married young, bought our first home young, worked hard, spent wisely and we are where we are today. I watch all of my 4 kids doing it tough, do I understand - mind your their discretionary spending surprises me at times.

We took 12 weeks long service leave in 2012 to do the W.A. trip, my wife is a low paid contractor so her LSL was totally unpaid. I had never taken LSL before.
Please don't get me wrong Trev, I'm not complaining about my lot or envious of what you or anyone else has achieved, I'm happy for people who've worked hard and spent/saved/invested wisely to reap the rewards and hope to get there myself one day, but right now it's not my reality so you have to make do with what life presents even if that's camping in less desirable locations in the immediate future.

At the minute I'm sitting in the emergency dept. of my local hospital with a suspected perforated bowel from a severe bout of Diverticulitis, ive got the old man health issues down pat, just need the nest egg to compliment..
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote