View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 06:26 PM   #90
scoupedy

Default Re: Hydrogen .... Believe it or not.

[QUOTE=thefargo;4975485]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Hydrogen? No thanks.

the 'explosion and fire' was aluminium oxide, the silver covering(paint) not the hydrogen.
if you can find it check the colour images, the flames are blue/green, which is aluminium burning, not hydrogen, which burns with a clear flame.
interestingly enough, the aluminium oxide paint, is very similar to the solid fuel used in shuttle launches.
Im sure the hydrogen would be burning as well. The leaking hydrogen started the fire from what i read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthefordman
I contacted customs a few years ago and my understanding is all items imported in to the country may attract duties and taxes depending on what they are. I think you might find that the 1000 limit is a myth. It just happens that customs focuses on larger or more lucrative tax opportunities as it costs money to chase these duties and items have to be stored whilst awaiting duties etc. For car parts I was quoted 10% import duty & 10% gst but it depends on whether or not your item gets pulled up. I have ordered parts from Jeggs and Summit but have not been pulled up so far. I have mates who get chewing tobacco from the US regularly. Sometimes it gets through sometimes not but tobacco products get hammered as they are taxed by weight so even an order valued at a couple hundred will get pulled up.
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote