View Single Post
Old 08-02-2024, 06:28 PM   #27
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Default Re: Timing belt replacement.

Sounds like its going ok ,so should be fine(although there is an interesting thread-old thread in the SZ forum were anthor member did as u did & chased fault codes for months as he was a tooth out on his cam timing & also anthor interesting one were anthor member did the same & lost his engine.....valves into pistons, broke a cam gear) although from what I've read & also watching anthor one of Taxi mechanic Alan's utubes(I like the taxi mechanic.....but he is a little ruff for me, but he's good value & has a lot of interesting & informative clips-im still watching him even though he's not fixing Mondeos any more & moved to the Philippine) it looks like the Mondeo engine is a little more forgiving & just breaks rocker arms....as for me i will buy a similar kit to which cobrin has listed & lock the crank...... I'm a little OCD with bolt tensions & i also feel it's a little to much strain to put the cam gear under....but anyway each to there own & fair play to u that its worked without issues(I believe if something was wrong it would of shown up in your 40ks) as I said previously thanks for your comments it's much appreciated 👍
goz007 is offline   Reply With Quote