View Single Post
Old 18-09-2018, 06:55 PM   #453
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
That's a good price.

These guys always have a massive site at all the camping shows. There options are quite a bit more expensive
http://www.home12volt.com.au/thumper...ery-packs.html

They do complete packs too with inverters and solar panels included, but they aren't cheap.
Yes, i had an interesting convo with the salesman at the caravan show a couple of years ago about the pro's and con's of the Thumper's V Arkpak.
I played dumb, well, i play the part too well for some, but i digress, anywho, i went in like i was clueless...ah ****, who am i trying to kid.
Ok, it went like this, the bloke took one look at me and figured he had a cash cow in front of him and went on to tell me how great the Thumpsters were.
So i listened for a while and then mentioned the Arkpak to which he turned up his nose and began rubbishing it for a number of reasons, so i said ok, how do you charge the Thumper, he said with a charger we can provide for a small fee, i said the Arkpak has a charger built in.
Then i said what happens if for some reason i kill the battery in the Thumpster, he said its stuffed, so i said i can just put a new battery in the Arkpak...
For some reason he got the ****s with me at that point and said i might aswell buy the bloody Arkpak then, so i did.
Haven't looked back either.
BENT_8 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: