View Single Post
Old 18-11-2018, 09:15 PM   #476
Stazza_Brendan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Picked up a soft floor camper trailer. Aussie made, built in 2006 but since it was my partners parents we knew it had been well looked after and had been in the shed since they upgraded to a huge caravan.

Before we bought it we took it for a test run up to Eungella Dam.

We were happy with it so bought it. It was in serious need of modernization though. Flouro lights and specific fittings instead of more universal anderson plugs.

Interior flouro replaced with LED strips on dimmer switch.

to

Kitchen flouro to rotatable LED

to

Changed the front storage compartment to LED.

Changed the power socket in the front compartment from Engel to Anderson.

Changed the rear Engel plug to an anderson plug.

Theres already 4x 12v cig sockets, volt meter, 500w inverter mounted there.

Then became time to update the electrics in the battery box. This old transformer style 240 - 12v charger had to go to make room. Kickass charger was much smaller and more advanced.

I then made a plate in the battery compartment to fit isolator, 240/12v charger, Intervolt DC/DC charger to charge from the car, fuse blocks and 2x 100AH deep cycle batteries.

The display of the charger still able to be read from the window from the previous charger.

Then put a 3x USB dock in the bed area. Good for charging phones, tablets etc when in bed. Glamping i know.

Changed the standard lights to LED.

3x 50L HD plastic boxes fit perfect side by side in the back with enough room for camping chairs to fit behind them. I also put an LED strip under the lift up section so you can see in there at night.

Camper is pretty well equipped. Fully galvanised frame with alloy body and a high quality tent. It has electric brakes, pull out table, Gas cooker, extra gas bottle, 80L water tank, 2 x taps, can be charged from car/powered site/solar, large storage compartment on the front, Boat loader and Treg hitch with rock tamers.

Have used it a few times since finishing the mods. With a little one on the way it will be used much more in the future as cheap family get aways. Ive got my Triton set up to tow it with dual batteries and anderson plug run to the rear to trickle charge the trailer batteries while driving. Next will be to set up the Missus Prado with a second battery and anderson plug in the rear for longer trips. 155kg ball weight ready to go with rear water tank full and extra 20l of water on the passenger side.
ZF - Optioned interior - Hardlid - Rapidsystems V4.5 kit - GTX3576R - Crow Cams Valve springs - 1000cc KPM injectors - 20" MC Racing Wheels - DashDaq/Cobalt Gauges - 4in dump/3.5in exhaust system - Shockworks Coilovers - 30mm Swaybar - Shockworks 4pot 355mm front brakes - GT R-spec rear brakes
CPV Tuned to 340rwkw
Stazza_Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
10 users like this post: