View Single Post
Old 05-08-2023, 10:25 AM   #21
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: VFACTS July 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I've driven Puma's a few times now and liked them far more than I was expecting. The drive so nice and the engine has some character to it.

But...........I think those who do manage to get a test drive might be put off by the gruff sounding engine. I like it because it's got some character to it, even if it has no top end power. For a torquey run around, its feels very nippy without having to deal with diesel issues or the expense of a hybrid.
There's no doubt it's probably the best SUV in it's class, turbo 3 cylinder engine and it's based on the Fiesta.

I'd rather the Fiesta, same thing except it's smaller and lighter, so it'll use less fuel, steer/corner/accelerate better than the Puma.

Puma is objectively worse in every metric compared to the Fiesta it's based on, like all SUVs - they're all compromises just like dual cab Thailand Specials where they do everything but nothing exceptionally.

Just because Thailand Specials and SUVs are popular it doesn't mean they're good - MAFS is popular too but I don't see anyone here advocating it's the best thing on FTA TV
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: