Thread: new guy
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Hey Dave,

Yeah, I haven't been here for a while - been so busy with other things and it doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon. Hardly get any time to truly appreciate my car much these days - except everyday I get to drive it! haha.

The other day on the M7 on my way to work the fuel gauge hit the 40km to empty mark and the car pretty much died. Lost drive. I could give it gas but it was as though I was speed restricted. Not a good thing on a motorway, so I pulled over. Tried many restarts and couldn't get the car to go much faster than 30kmh. If I changed to 2nd gear, the car would stall. No idea what it was - completely adamant it wasn't fuel, I called up Sinclair Ford and they suggested limping it there, or worst case, get it towed.

Ended up going the tow option and they took it for a spin, came back, took it for another spin, gave me back my keys. The service manager put 15L of fuel in the car and she was fine again. Appears the fuel gauge, or the DTE readout isn't accurate anymore.

I dont' usually let my fuel get so low, but I was waiting for the 'cheap day' and yep, that's what I get for it!

Aside from that incident though the car's still great and going strong!

How's everyone else?

Dan