View Single Post
Old 29-07-2015, 06:13 PM   #6
snowcone

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

I was recommended to contact the State Attorneys Office in Washington.
Their website says they will investigate any complaints but will not take action against any company that doesn't want to co-operate so that was a waste of time.
A bit like Queensland's QCAT.
I am in Newcastle but was informed I have to use the Tribunal in the State where the business is based.
They hold the hearing and you have to jump through hoops for months supplying avidavits etc and then they don't enforce their own judgements. You have to then start again and register the result with the Brisbane Magistrates Court and then apply for another enforcement hearing, but the catch is that you have to serve the other party with papers to appear. A bit hard when he is in the USA!
Even if the Judge went ahead with the enforcement hearing in his absence, to get any money i have to pay for the Sheriff to go to his premises and find items of value to confiscate. problem here is that he doesn't own the property where the business is operating from so I can't touch anything there.
The Law is an @rse sometimes.

I was never issued with any insurance papers despite having it on my receipt.
I also requested to see the AQIS report for a second cleaning and inspection and was denied this by Indira (the car was in showroom condition when it left the USA and was never going to need any more cleaning)

The car is a 64 Thunderbird that I sourced in Boise, Idaho. The car was everything the dealer said it was so nothing to do with him.

I finished up paying $7,000 including GST to this crook which is more than the other quotes I got. I thought I was dealing with an Australian business rather than an off-shore one but got screwed big time anyway.

This guy is a few muscle car forums too and likes to spruke about the clinets cars he brings in
2002 Ford Explorer

I only drive V8's
snowcone is offline   Reply With Quote