View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #30
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

There are always two sides to every story...

The issue with "AQIS" is well known to anyone who has even looked at importing. It has nothing to do with the car being clean or detailed. The issue is seeds, dirt, and bugs, hiding in places you never look. I note that there is no mention of cleaning in the original charges, so presumably the buyer gambled on the car being clean enough.

As for the insurance, well that would seem to be a clear cut issue: Was an insurance policy taken, what did it cover, and where's the documentation?

Similarly for the damage. If the buyer has before and after photo's, showing the damage, it would seem to be clear cut.

That said, it does seem to be a very strange way to structure a business: An Australian business, registered to a sole proprietor, who doesn't set foot in the country?

And I gotta be honest Phil, saying "the matter was referred to Mr. Ryan and I had presumed, been dealt with" Doesn't really cut it in my book.
You can't have it both ways. If you're an important part of this business then passing the buck isn't enough.
3 users like this post: