View Single Post
Old 28-02-2010, 02:20 PM   #41
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Oh I think you need to define what is collectable.

If it aint steel then many people wont touch them, but thats crazy.

IMO you have classic collectables and modern collectables; as time goes on cars in the category change to suit.

So IMO anything <XE is classic. So you have all yoru normal GT's, Coupes etc but I also think Fairlanes will be on the rise, especially K and T codes.

Modern classics, T series, EL2 XR8 and old tickfords, the EB/EL GT, ED Sprint etc.

I dont think any FPV is collectible...yet.
I get flamed for saying this, but people can't argue it on its merrits; the simple common denominator all the early classic colectable musclecars like GT's, HO's, GTS's, XU1's etc have is Bathurst heritage.
These cars have gone uP in value well above their purchase price very quickly, in some case never fell below their new car price, by the 8-10 year mark even chargers were worth more than their new price.
This, IMO is the acid test for wider desirability or "collectability"
Apply that set of criteria to any other car since the XC cobra and A9X Torana and you have a very short list of mainly HDT commodores and maybe 351 4 spd ESP's, i cant think of another Falcon worth more than its original purchase price at the 8-10 year mark since those Falcons, infact most seem to leveled out at about 1/3 of their new price and have stayed there....

Flame away but argue on trhe basis of logic and facts, not emotive personal wishes....