View Single Post
Old 28-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #50
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
If i knew that T series cars were going to be a money maker in the future id have 10 now.
As i said in my previous post i see them holding value a little more then 'mainstream' models. Id hardly put the BA V8 ghia in the same category as a T Series or moreso a Force 8.
IMO its hard to put money on a car that might be collectable you just never know. Look at the cars that are worth money now, ill bet no one would have guessed the GTHO's or GTS monaros would be collectable.
All that said i didnt buy my T2 to be a collectors item i bought it to DRIVE and thats exactly what i do with it. Im not preserving it for the next owner.
Yes.. at the end of the day its more about the driving enjoyment they bring than anything they "might" be worth many years down the track.
That said GTHO's were "collectable" basically from day 1, none of them really depreciated at all.
Anyone who thinks they'll make money from collecting cars now is in for a shock...
People who collect cars simply because they love them gain far more than money from ownership and "collecting"...