View Single Post
Old 28-07-2020, 01:47 PM   #25
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4 Diagnostics/OBD2 Reverse Engineering

Hmm. These EATC modules are elusive buggers. The controller in the WQ fiesta seems like it's from the stone age - very slow, struggles to respond. I issue queries to about 3 or 4 PIDS in succession, and it seems to go into a sleep mode for a few seconds before responding again. I tried a PID sweep and the scanner would keep increment the queries but I'd not get responses from good chunks of them until the module started to respond again.

The LS EATC module was a lot quicker, so I setup a PID scan. But I got back to it a few ours later after it had run through all 65536 PIDS and not one of them responded. I am assuming I made an error of some sort and have yet to go back and find out what I did wrong, since I can query PIDS with FORSCAN can get valid data from them just fine.

On another note, I grabbed a used WQ power steering rack on the cheap today, so will make up some hosing and do some more Focus EHPAS tests in a little while with the system able to come up to operating pressure.

Luke