View Single Post
Old 07-02-2024, 11:22 PM   #3
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Default Re: MD TCDI HP oil leak

Thanks for the reply, I've have seen/watched quiet a lot of his videos & he is quiet helpful, (although in my profession opinion I don't agree with all that he does & says) but on the whole he is very helpful, I also believe i have a way that will seal the H.P F.P for ever,(I'm a diesel mechanic & previously spent 5yrs building Deutz diesel for Deutz) I'd just like Fords Procedure & Tensions as i only want to do the job once(I'll also make my own utube when I do it) but for me factory bolt tensions & procedures are critical when doing such a job, possibly I may be able to get the procedure from anthor vehicle with the same engine, i also have a contact in service@Ford that i haven't caught up with yet who may be able to help, it's not a critical repair that I need to drop everything to do it(I noticed it when I serviced car recently-it was as Alan has described in his utube clip the gearbox was wet & when u look up u see the run coming down off the HPFP-but it's not leaking on my driveway yet )so I have time to research it & source/collect parts To do it, it's also the fact that I need to repair or replace the fuel line from the filter head to H.P F.P ,but at this stage the only place ive been able to get anything is a complete line(Genuine Ford@$180) if in the end I have to go that way i will,but I think I could repair mine if I can get parts(broken/damaged 2nd hand line or a good 2ndhand line i could just fit, but at this stage can't find 1..... anyway thanks for the reply & any help or ideas to get the procedure(such as a Ford Focus or a Peugeot) or
A 2ndhand fuel line is much appreciated.
goz007 is offline   Reply With Quote