View Single Post
Old 27-06-2006, 11:27 PM   #36
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Most of the info here has been pretty good- each engine and gearbox combination will be unique so the style of driving will vary, but the principles will remain the same- it's just working out where the revs are.

It's not a bad career path driving a truck- unfortunately the way the government went about "educating" people many years ago has left a huge hole in the workforce with so many shortages of skilled labour- the world will always need trucks and drivers and it's one of the few jobs I can think of where you can earn great money with virtually no education. That's not saying it's easy, but you don't need to be a university graduate to make $90k a year, but there are certainly responsibilities in this day and age with fatigue management, accreditation, OH&S etc.

I may well be assuming this is what you are intending to do, but for anyone having a MC or MC license in particular, you have great scope for employment with many opportunities that may also become available to you as a result.

I'm all for it- good on you mate and let us know how you go.

Then you can come and see me about a new Mack.......... lol
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote