View Single Post
Old 25-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #618
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

The big thing with these cars is the fact that they are very close to each other nowadays, back in the early 90's Holden had the refinement and brand image they wanted, build quality wasnt one of their strong points (read VN) but every second man and his dog wanted one.

As for now the cars are very close on alot of points, design cues, refinement, build quality (or lack of in some cases). How either one can be leeps and bounds ahead of the other is beyond me, they are designed using many of the same testing programs and techniques, both companies are forever stealing ideas off the other to try and boost their sales.

The VE will be a very nice car, whether its better then the BF is something that i guess a few of us will never know as we will probarly never drive one, but at the end of the day it can't be much better then the Falcon, theres no new exciting technology from what Ive read. Would I buy one? Probarly, I am so over buying the one brand that someday I will have to actualy try one for size, im sure theres things ill hate about it but at the sametime things that it will probarly do better then the Falcon.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote