View Single Post
Old 18-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #4
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mondeo MC TDCI - Shudder in 1st gear & Reverse, and rough changes in lower gears

If the shuddering is worse driving on an incline, one possible cause might be incorrect fluid level.

Checking the level is complicated, and involves using fresh fluid (whether or not the level is incorrect).
The filler plug has to be removed and either the air box removed or a bent tube used to pour fluid in (whether or not the level is incorrect). Warm the trans to 35 - 45 degrees, supporting the car at exactly level, remove the passenger side wheel and gain access to the level check plug. With the engine running, each gear is selected for 20s. After that the engine is stopped and fresh fluid poured in about 250ml lots until a steady flow at the level check hole is achieved. Wait for this to slow to a drip and the level should now be correct.

If it were me I'd be having the fluid and filter changed regardless. In my experience it doesn't get black until after 50000km, but will be sooner with city driving I suppose.

Then take it from there.

Last edited by rondeo; 18-03-2018 at 09:01 AM.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote