View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 09:36 AM   #7
REDDYZ

Default Re: Cougar brake warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPerdix View Post
Thanks RusselW. I am not used to harness diagrams but I see no commenality with the handbrake circuit. We had thought that the ABS control might be the problem, but Bosch no longer supply any replacement and when they did they were in thousands of dollars!
The coolant level light has been a problem in the past, illuminating when all seemed well. Recently the traction contol has seemingly turned off of its own accord on one occasion.
PM me and I can help with the ABS control module.

With coolant indicator, if you go up on a steep driveway it will light up as coolant flows away from the sensor. Flaw in the design. Turning engine off and on would reset the light. Or just top it up just above the max mark to see it's not the sensor itself.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote