View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:49 AM   #116
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irate
Has anyone else had head problems? I have an AU Series ll dedicated gas ute and done only 70,000 k's. Just taken it in for her log book service and all 6 spark plugs are coroded just about beyond recognition. Had taken her in 6 mths prior and had very similar problems to other person with all the little problems which amount to nearly $800. Just had head replaced, valves done, leads, plugs, gaskets etc etc. wots the go, is it just dedicated gas vehicles that have these delimmas or wot? could somebody please get back to me.
Damn I have an AUII dedicated EGAS ute ... and it has done 130,000km without missing a beat.

I replace my spark plugs with Iridium IXs for the gas .. the old NGK Rs were shot ... and cracking ... the Iridiums last longer and give better spark for the LPG models.

I just replace me leads as well ... but i know that spark plugs on LPG engines do not last long at all ... I am only expecting about 30,000km out of mine ... if i get more ... I'll be happy.

How many km's per year do you do???? What type of driving do you do as well???
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote