View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 06:43 PM   #314
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Its our new favourite spot, although we haven't actually been to that many.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, it's a fantastic place with all the facilities you could ask for in a bush camping scene.
Its a shame you didn't get to do the Davey Gully Hike or make it up to the shepherds hut up the creek, but with the warm weather and being so dry you'd have found plenty of that little browns cousins.
Did you get a visit from the Monitor Lizards?

Now you've had a taste, you can explore further in future, it is truly breathtaking especially at points like the battery track ridge and Sugar gum lookout.
Unfortunately Mt Cavern track is closed due to washouts but I'm told they are pushing to get funding for repairs as it is quite a challenging hike with spectacular views once you get up there and would be a shame to remain off limits.

Was it busy, it can get a bit full on during the school holidays which is why I prefer to go up a week or so after, giving the ranger a chance to tidy up and less traffic.

I've just completed a 9 day trip to Sydney, 6 of those driving as we took our time, but i'd have swapped it for a few nights up there in a heartbeat.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: