View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 10:03 PM   #23
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default Re: 200kw AU Xr8 Chewin the Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprobbo View Post
Hi all I just posted a new video on the forscan readouts. You will notice that when I shut it down and restart it starts nice and lean then goes over to rich after a couple of secs sounds like you've pulled the choke out on a carbi engine. It seems that I may have a problem on the right bank. What about that maf reading-should it be stable??http://youtu.be/nE5_Zxr9dGs
Hi Caprobbo.
that vid is better.
I am definately no expert with these things, but from what I can see,the maf only seems to jump around by 10mV, not sure if that is still acceptable. It also seems the maf and tp V is slightly higher than 1V at idle, they are normally just below 1V at idle.

It seems when you hold the throttle that the tpV does not alter by more than 0.2 V at nearly 3000rpm and your iac jumps up to around 50% there.
Can you switch the engine off and confirm you get a good smooth tpV from closed throttle to full throttle- about 4.5V)?
Could you do another vid also showing injector pulse width? And also confirm it is going into closed loop mode (at operating temp and running for more than 30 seconds).

If all that is acceptable then perhaps do a fuel pressure test and see if too high.
Another thing you can test with a fuel pressure gauge is an injector leak down test.
(Turn on ignition but dont crank, record max pressure then watch gauge over a minute or so to record leak rate), if pressure falls too fast you may have a leaky injector?

I made myself a pressure gauge from spare industrial machine parts - Japanese water pressure gauge that displays kgf/cm2, but I can convert that to psi well enough: )

Or buy an efi fuel pressure gauge from around 60 bucks.
Its not hard to check our engines fuel pressure as there is a schrader valve up front.

Perhaps Stu can jump in and correct me here or add more ideas.

Good luck.
Andrew.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote