View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #13
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 
Default Re: Looking at downgrading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_PSI
It wont actually. Bseries drives nicer and looks 100 times bettee. Au is next best thing on the side of comfort and drivability though... Just ugly but meh
i would consider an AU XR8 an upgrade over a BA XR6 any day of the week. Also pound for pound (even though the BA has about another 300 or so of them) the AU is a far more spritely, agile and more enjoyable car to throw around day to day. I've had a BF XR with ZF, BAII XR, BA Fairmont, BA XT, and my AU Ghia is beaten only by the ZF XR in agility, but still feels lighter around corners. So to summarise, i feel the AU is the better drive. The looks think is a personal opinion also, as once you adjust to the different styling the AU can be quite attractive, depending on the model and options.

This is coming from a devout B series fan.

Onto your question, try the links posted already. Door actuators fail, rear shock mounts fail in IRS models, brake warpage, steering racks, coilpacks and electrics can give issues with higher KM, window switches fail, window regulators, some models have paint issues, etc etc.

All in all they're a far more reliable car than any B series in my experience.