View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 11:48 PM   #903
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
It depends how you realistically live outside of work related activities as to whether the mythical quarter acre matters. I have always absolutely cherished and utilised my yards.

Indoors is where I go to eat, sleep, and when it’s too hard to do something outdoors in my prevailing conditions (eg, too dark, too wet, too sore/tired). The number of houses around me where you never see anyone engaged in outdoor activities, is quite significant. I don’t know if they are agoraphobic or see outdoorsy stuff as peasant life.
I am working in Sydney on a matter- been in a 1 bedroom unit which is big with balcony near Newtown. Been here 3 days, another 1.5 weeks to go.

Although I can walk to Newtown I am already getting stir crazy- miss walking to beach in Newcastle and having lunch watching ocean, and being at home having air and balconies and watching sunsets over Watagan ranges and engaging with the Magpies and Kookaburras and watching Kites float over the rear cliff.

Some people like apartments and dense city life- I must be a country peasant....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: