View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #80
Bradxbv8
more cubic inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
Firstly "blue top" is usually used to describe the older style EV1 injectors. AU's use the EV6 injectors, and the plastic body of the injector is all the same colour (not just the top). Just because they are blue does not necessarily mean they are 24lbs e.g. the 39lb SVT Cobra injectors are also blue. You really need to check the part number on the injector to know what spec it is.

The AU series 1 V8's did come with either orange 19lb injectors or blue 24lb injectors, though there does not appear to be any pattern to what they ended up in. I have heard of XR8s with the orange 19lb'ers, and Fairmonts with 24lb'ers.

It would seem as though there was just some old stock left, so injectors on series 1 AU V8's are just luck of the draw...
Hi all
I have just changed the engine in my 99 fairlane ghia, which had the blue injectors, and the new engine has the orange injectors (out of a fairmont ghia). Other than that, they look exactly the same.
Is there any real bennefit from changing over to the blue injectors as in the post above, to the 5lb bigger option? The car is also on LPG.
I have also been reading about the 175/185kw topic and am wondering if i had a 185kw, and now have a 175kw?
Thanks for any advice
Brad