View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
Strattos

Default Locked out and manual unlock not working

Out of nowhere last night, when I went to unlock my AU2 XR8 the doors won't unlock.

The battery in the remote is fine, and I can't even unlock the car manually. Also tried hitting unlock twice in an effort to open the passenger door, but same issue, nothing happened.

Along with this, when I tried re-locking/arming and unlocking - thinking doing this may somehow make a difference, the car beeped as if to indicate the doors were already locked/car armed - it's as if when I'm hitting 'unlock' on the remote, the car isn't registering it.

Anyone else had a similar experience and know of a solution? I was thinking disconnecting the battery and reconnecting to see if that may somehow reset everything, but I can't even get into the car to open the bonnet.

At this point, I'm looking at getting RACV in to break into the car as I've not had much experience doing this, but suspect there's a deeper problem.

I've done a search through the various posts re central locking, but in the majority of cases it's been an actuator problem, or the doors can at least be unlocked manually. My issue seems more electrical/Smartshield related.

Past: 1984 XE Falcon sedan 4.1L.

Last edited by Strattos; 07-04-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Strattos is offline   Reply With Quote