View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #22
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Useful AU threads - LOOK HERE BEFORE POSTING A NEW THREAD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Use a small screwdriver to remove the 2 black plastic caps at the top of the fascia, behind them are philips head screws - remove

Pull out the blanking plate where the fuel/boot release buttons normally are (ute has a blank plate cos it doesnt have them obviously)

Use a long screwdriver or similar to get behind the cluster and gently prise it out from the dash, check that the clear plastic fascia does not get caught on the dash, if it does just wiggle it out

The cluster should come out enough for you to reach the 2 wiring looms that go into the back of it. They are different sizes so you wont stuff them up when you put them back in.

Cluster should now come out as a whole unit. To pull it apart (i.e. to change the background etc) use a small flat blade screwdriver to take the front plate off the back of the unit (easier to understand when you're looking at it). Be careful because the clips can be fragile and break easy. If you do take it all apart Id recommend putting some electrical tape all around it when you put it back together to keep dust etc from getting inside it.
Thanks Austin for this information. I will give it a go and see how I go. Thanks again.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote