View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #298
XRDeeze
UTRIED

Default Re: Who works in the mines and what doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazza_Brendan
mate i started at bottom with just forklift experience. try and get your generics and medical yourself then apply at employment agencies saying your only looking for mine experience. warehousing will suit you if you have forklift ticket and are quick on a computer. have some money saved incase your contract is short and theres a few weeks between jobs.
once you get a start learn everything that they are willing to teach you. show up everyday and offer to do the **** jobs. pays off in the end.
im on 32 an hour in mine warehouse with labour hire company but have interview to become permanent trainee for pit i work at.. good references from superintendant and supervisor helps.

oh ive got plenty of moola , i hardly spend at all. Ive just recently got my Forklift tickt and on the Logbook hours for the Gantry crane. whilst doing Labour work (hard) and I do enjoy the Job im currently in , its just that its one of those Jobs you do the same thing over and over again. :/

Its time for a change , and the money is borderline between the amount of work we do, and think theyre rippin us blokes off. - everyone thinks about that whatever Job theyre in- but not so in the mines , like 32 p/hr is more like the rate Im talkin about!

Townsville Drag 1/10/11 PB: 15.34 @ 91.09 mph
XRDeeze is offline   Reply With Quote