Thread: XC Cobra #140
View Single Post
Old 14-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #294
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 
Default Re: XC Cobra #140

The next job was to finish off all of the items remaining in the engine bay. That is, radiator and shroud, AC condensor, washer bottle, engine bay wiring and testing, AC receiver and test fit of hoses to compressor & Tx valve, timing of the engine and then followed up with the distributor & leads and then checking that all bolts, belts etc were tightened to the required torque.

Don't mind the oversized battery (and dodgey wiring), this is just there to test all electrics (power windows and interior as well), plus also run up the engine when ready.

With that done, I then put the exhaust on. I am not even going to show photos of this as it is a complete mess - nothing is correctly lined up but it can be fixed. I had bought the resonator/muffler sections from one supplier and the 2 manifold pipes from another (Oldschool Mufflers). The problem here was that I could not get the front 2 pipes from the original supplier. I am thinking that most if not all people put extractors on Clevelands, not the factory exhaust manifolds. In hindsight, what I should have done was to have bought this directly from Oldschool Mufflers

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FALC...item27c668c610

Live and learn. I was just keen to keep the standard setup namely the resonators. Once I get the car going, it will have to get the exhaust system completely re-done.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote