Thread: XC Cobra #140
View Single Post
Old 14-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #295
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 
Default Re: XC Cobra #140

The final job for my time off was that of the interior. As usual, nothing was easy and what was expected to take 1 day, took 2 1/2 days. It's never fun trying to line up bolt/screw holes with new carpet, but I finally got there. There was also the issue of fitting the screws in for the console (front). I think that this job is best done with the complete dash out of the car. This is where the flexible drive drill chucks, plus a very helpful wife, come in very handy. The trimmer had also put all of the seat bases on the wrong way so they had to be changed over. As imagined, the B pillar pinch weld and trims were a complete pr!ck of a job. At least the kick panels and scuff plates weren't too bad.

I have also put the door cards on now, just for trial fitting as they will have to come off again when the car goes back to to the spray painter for finishing works. Same applies to the front and rear arm rests.

And now for some pics

There are still quite a number of items yet to be done but work is progressing so I am hoping to be able to get the car to the spray painter by the end og the year - here's hoping.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote