View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 11:16 PM   #289
Umineko
Karasu

Having killed my DL LTD a couple of weeks ago after using a lexus as a bonnet ornament I now find myself the proud and happy owner of a 2000 model AU LTD so far so good, runs like a train, got the usual intermitent missing digits on the LCD display thingy (thanks to everyone who posted the dude in Morrabin's contact details, will be calling him Monday) the only thing that bugs me now is a slight hissing sound when I accelerate,it dies off once you back off the pedal. seems to be coming from under the dash on the drivers side, no real impact on performance just annoying anyone had a similar problem?
I had a similar thing on the DL just before the brake booster crapped itself but there is no reduction in braking efficency like there was with the DL.
Oh and hats off to the morons at ford who wrote the owners manual... had to reset the alarm (not difficult) but the manual says nothing about holding in the bonnet open switch or getting your ears blown out not to mention waking up everyone for 2 blocks at 7am on a saturday morning.

Little things aside I love my new beastie and hope it proves as trouble free as my dearly departed and sorely missed DL
Umineko is offline   Reply With Quote