View Single Post
Old 15-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #29
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NSW L plater speed limit lifted to 90kmh from July 1 2013

Yes that is correct. I had no issue with the training side of things just the punishments involved for people who dont make the grade. Thats what I consider to be draconian and that is the type of thing that govts dish out to us all the time.

The difference is that instead of fear of failure the applicant is encouraged to do better and given every opportunity to try harder. If you are good at half of the subjects you get credited with them, you don't have them taken off you once you have attained a pass in them. For those keen to get a licence it will act as an incentive to try harder to get the rest and the harder the licence is for them to get, the more incentive they have to hang on to it.

The ones with no aptitude for driving will eventually drop out and go on to something else.

The ones that are able to pass without a lot of trouble will be higher skilled drivers anyway because that is where their abilities already lie.

I also think that these ideas have a million reasons why they won't ever be introduced. The same as what I said about your scheme.

The difference is, that I don't consider this to be draconian.
noflac52 is offline   Reply With Quote