View Single Post
Old 27-12-2008, 05:08 AM   #26
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross96mac
Keep it in perspective people, if Toyota ( #1 worldwide ) are bleeding dollars, what are # 2, 3, 4...etc.. doing? In the end it will only mean that ALL of them will start building cars that they can afford to and not the cars that we want to buy. How long till all Fords are front wheel drive 1.5 ltr. ethanol burners? Dearborn will not bankroll a rear wheel drive IL6 or V8 for Australia when the U.S. Government, acting as a major "shadow" shareholder, starts to demand a return on their generous handouts. Yeh, I know many out there frown on the rice-burners, but take a long hard look at what Nissan have done with the new GT-R, if you don't keep raising the bar you will fall under it
Ross

Good post, ross. I'd like to remind you though that Ford has not taken any Government money and do not fall under the requirements imposed on GM and Chrysler. Also, Ford plans to not access the money. By doing so it puts Ford in a much better light with the customers as well as a certain competitive advantage; Ford will be able to continue executing their turn around plan that they began several years ago and saw the fruits of in the first quarter of this year.

The financial crisis triggered in the United States had affected the whole world, noted Sadahiro Usui, managing officer of Denso.

Since other countries want to point to the collapse of the US economy as causing the whole global economy to crash, I would like to say I am good with that. The other side of the coin then, naturally, would be to recognize that collapsing the US economy was the goal of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York. If the terrorists had been successful in destroying the US economy then to the level it went to this year then the affect would have been the same....a global economic crash. As such, I hope the rest of the entire world that would be affected by the economic crash in the US would be willing to join us in eliminating the terrorists that have such desires since their goal would affect everyone in the same manner.

And thank you to Australia for already having assisted in this endeavor.

Sorry to get political, but when I see where someone wants to point to the US as the cause of what is happening global, and what has happened in the US this year was and is the goal of the terrorists on 9/11, I would like to take advantage of that moment and point out how the whole world is connected when it comes to terrorism from extremists. Mods, please feel free to delete any portion of this post you deem inappropriate.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote