View Single Post
Old 16-05-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU XR spec suspension setup

i was looking for an AU XR6 HP 5sp but ended up with an AU1 Futura auto
as you do, i couldn't pass it up as it was in such good shape
anyway i have a 5sp conversion for it and now i want it to handle a bit better before i convert it
at the moment it has the typical rear lift and floaty feel, its drive great due to low km's but its definitely not sporty at all
I have Bilstein front shocks and king superlow springs for the front ready to fit, but i need to get the back sorted and maybe swaybars and alignment change

what can i do in the back to stop the rear lifting on power and tighten it up
I was just going to get king superlows to match the front, the rear shocks are very firm so i was going to leave them as is, can i change the top arms and adjust pinion angle to stop the rear lifting or will a stiff sway bar help this

i don't want to go too stiff in the front on sway bars as the turn in now is great and too stiff might loose too much grip... i have done that before

I will be getting all the parts to upgrade the front brakes to BA spec with BA swaybar. should i get BA XR6T swaybar and brakes? will they fit under FG 16in steel wheels or will i have to run 17's minimum. I have 17in S1 tickfords but would like the option to run 16's as i have lots of them so maybe stay with 298mm rotors

i bought the car as a project and down the track the plan is a turbo, the car will be a daily but i want it fun on the track too even if its not real fast so at this stage i want it to go around corners and stop before i make it fast.
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote