View Single Post
Old 16-04-2019, 11:10 AM   #117
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: NBN so far, whats your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
and that is where my question lies
my service isnt FTTC
but i do have fiber running at the curb my side of the road (which they just installed)

so the question am really asking is . is it possible that they could run a lead in from this
if not i feel an upgrade is a waste of time and money and wouldnt even waste the $340 to see if they'd proceed with it from there
If you are looking at upgrading to FTTP with Technology Choice then you must have a fair bit of cash kicking around. Most plans above 100mbs cost a fair bit, then you need to consider what the real world performance is going to be like. Fibre will definitely give you better performance for some things, especially multiple users , but for 1-2 users that may be browsing or viewing content then I think 100mbs will be plenty