Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 01:37 PM   #6062
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
It's really not that crazy. One of my ex boss was a former AFP officer. He tells me most criminals believe what they do is right and fair. They know its against the law, but in their mind they don't actually think doing it is wrong.

Take the protest tomorrow for example, the organisers, the attendees believe what they are doing is right...even though it is against the "law". Whether you agree with the law is a different matter.

And in case anyone in Melb was thinking whether to attend the protest tomorrow...

Victoria's lockdown protesters told to stay away from Shrine of Remembrance
https://7news.com.au/news/health/sta...rine-c-1286358

“If any individuals or groups choose to express their political views, positions or ideological theories in the grounds of the shrine at any time, they are completely disrespecting the sanctity of this time-honoured space, those men and women of the Australian Defence Force who have lost their lives, and all Victorian veterans.”

Kinda makes me wonder whether the organisers really understand what they are supposedly protesting for. As above, I'm sure they believe what they are going to do is the "right thing".
So in summary:

Government officials attempt to shame anti government protestors who are protesting oppressive government legislation about political protest at a shrine built to remember the fallen who died fighting oppressive foreign governments.

Yeah, sorry that doesn't hold any weight in my eyes.
4 users like this post: