View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 10:28 AM   #386
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey View Post
We just got back from a week in Halls Gap. Looks like this is going to become an annual trip
awesome.

when we went to halls gap, we made the same comments, but unfortunately we haven't been able to find time to go back. Given the distance, its not somewhere we would go just for a few nights. Would have to be 4 night minimum I feel, for us.

we were booked in to lakeside originally a couple of years back, but had to cancel due to health reasons. we've since been to halls gap, and checked it out while we were there, and it is certainly very popular. we thought if we stayed there we would try to get a site up the end next to the big vacant grass area adjacent the park. mind you, now that we have a van we don't tend to need as much space, although I still prefer not to be jammed in amongst everyone. a perimeter site, like yours would always be preferred.

price wise its a bit on the dear side, but i'm yet to read a bad review of the park. the owner said they do tend to get a very high % of repeat business, and many of them book their next stay before they leave the current stay.

pics look good. we loved Mackenzie falls (although the mrs didn't love all the steps) and Boroka lookout was sensational. we noticed the walk at the bottom of Mackenzie falls, and walked a short distance down it, but we hadn't allowed time for any walking so that's as far as we got. good to know for next time.

thanks for sharing. it really is a great place, halls gap.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote