View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #20
Sam1112
Over Macho Grande??

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Technical conbtributions 
Default Re: (VIC) Part [BA|BF] Electrochromic (Auto Dimming) Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
This is a great deal. By the time you source a mirror, and the plugs to make a pass-thru harness, and fart around making that harness, it's a no-brainer to simply buy the package.

Wish this was around 3 years ago when I did one in my FG. Although I spent a bit more & sourced a mirror from the US with the compass in it, which had to be calibrated to the local zone.

These are fantastic at night - you don't realise just how well they work, until you get in a car without it.
I would be interested to hear more about your compass mirror, many times I have thought about getting one of those when I've seen a couple for a reasonable price, whats the deal with re-calibrating the compass, is it a special procedure or do you need to get someone to tinker with it?

Does your one have the Outside Temp feature too? I thought those ones would be good for the low series cars without the factory temp sensor. But the mirror probably only reads the temp in oF, not oC.
Sam1112 is offline   Reply With Quote