View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #22
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Even if you could option it and have to wait 3 months for delivery would be fine (as the Lancer has been a good car for her, low maintainence, and less the 50,000k on the clock), she can wait that long to get it. The issue she has is that you cant buy a manual. But something like the VW Jetta you can (were gonna go have a look at one on Sat).
Yeah its a real pain when this happens. A mate of mine got really annoyed because ford didn't bring an XR5 focus here with alot of the options he wanted that are on the euro spec cars. In the end it looks like he will buy it anyway and just do mods afterwoods (lack of cruise control really got on his nerves, and i would agree given speeding nazis around these days!).

The jetta is a good car and not bad value considering VW build their cars really well. Major problem would be it is a fair bit smaller than a mondeo/new mazda 6 - is she after diesel or petrol, and also what size? I mean if you want a car that is bigger than a lancer than i wouldn't think a jetta is much bigger at all is it? Also, depends on budget i suppose, after all, if you don't mind a wait a mondeo XR5T would have to be tempting in this case would it not?
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote