View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #23
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman88
Yeah its a real pain when this happens. A mate of mine got really annoyed because ford didn't bring an XR5 focus here with alot of the options he wanted that are on the euro spec cars. In the end it looks like he will buy it anyway and just do mods afterwoods (lack of cruise control really got on his nerves, and i would agree given speeding nazis around these days!).

The jetta is a good car and not bad value considering VW build their cars really well. Major problem would be it is a fair bit smaller than a mondeo/new mazda 6 - is she after diesel or petrol, and also what size? I mean if you want a car that is bigger than a lancer than i wouldn't think a jetta is much bigger at all is it? Also, depends on budget i suppose, after all, if you don't mind a wait a mondeo XR5T would have to be tempting in this case would it not?

She's happy with the size of the lancer (short girl so it's not gonna bother her), the only things that she defenetly wants is that it looks good (to her), is a manual, has a boot (she was in an accident with a hatch and doesn't trust them). She could have ordered an XR5T on Friday but $48k drive away is a bit high for a mid sized Ford. She was happy with the look of the base model (would just option a sunroof and driving lights) but due to fact that you couldn't buy it in a manual stopped her from buying it that day.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote