View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #27
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman88
Gee, and i thought the new lancer looked hot! Obviously everyone has their own preferences. Plenty of info over in the orion hub about new falcon, including lots of revealing shots of the car in spy/leaked photos, certainly is inspired by mondeo styling but not exactly the same. Not sure whether the new falcon will even offer a manual lower spec models, might only be sports variants, which might also confuse matters. Sorry to say but i do feel for you loyal manual guys - outside of sports models (and even some of those) the manual is slowly but surely dieing - DSG boxes might be the only future for manuals at all!

I am a fan of modern autos, the ZF in a falcon makes as good a case as possible for an auto, and the mondeos is almost as good. Still, when i do drive a manual it always reminds me of the many benefits (lower fuel burn, more control etc.). Fords tiptronic autos are quite good these days, so might almost be worth going for a test drive of a mondeo diesel or something - it might be good enough to overpower the lack of a true manual.
I know enough about the new Falcon (you to work there just before the first mules came out), unfortunatly I only saw CGI's of it and never the real thing.

I've driven a few of the ZF's and in two days I was over it and wanted my clunky manual back.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote