View Single Post
Old 16-07-2021, 03:24 PM   #21
david837465
Starter Motor

Default Re: New rear shocks 2015 Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Has anyone actually thought of the compromise fitting of the cheaper shocks may have on the ride quality, effects on ABS, ESC, DSC, AEB and other safety systems the OE shocks would have been designed to deal with. The MD Mondeo was far superior and more advanced vehicle than say a Falcon of the same era (while it lasted) in most aspects. It would be interesting to know if the cheaper aftermarket shocks actually stand up in comparison to the OE, I doubt it because the difference is usually genuine.
GTLEGEND, you make good points and I'm still not convinced by the UK parts option. Haven't ordered anything yet. But regarding the points you made, I've been driving around for months now with a defective shock, and it doesn't appear to have affected any of the systems you mentioned. Also, in my research I've come across a number of Brits who have swapped out the springs in their MD/Mk5 models for lower riding ones. None of them have reported any issues. Lastly, I found out the UK Mondeos in the MD/Mk5 series (the 2016 models at any rate) came with normal shocks as their standard equipment. The self leveling ones were an optional extra. So from that at least I can be sure the chassis is designed for normal shocks, and probably some of the systems too. As for the cheaper aftermarkets standing up to the OE's, my OE's failed after only 55000km's. That's bad. Especially when Ford charges $2400 before fitting! As my mechanic said, "They're just not worth it".
david837465 is offline   Reply With Quote