View Single Post
Old 22-04-2022, 09:28 PM   #676
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Russia v Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Economics is not my background, so I don't know to be honest. But I am seeing a lot of emerging economies sitting this one out and still willing to work with Russia. And if Russia does indeed start to nationalise, that could improve their GDP. They hold commodities that the world desperately needs, and its not just their oil and gas. They might suffer for the next couple of years, but in the long run it might actually work? Their economy wasn't exactly smashing either pre-war, so any small gains would still be an improvement. I don't think they will go poor and starve that's for sure. They won't be a North Korea.

As for taking sides, I don't think its all one way as we have been made out to believe, but that doesn't mean I'm pro the invasion. I'm on the side of the truth?
Both Ukraine and Russia economies will be taking a hammering no doubt it and it will take many years for both countries to recover.

I would dare say Putin would not have expected the severity of economic sanctions that have taken place.
4 users like this post: