View Single Post
Old 24-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #24
sico
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobramania View Post
Thing is, when BHP shut up the steelmaking plant in Newcastle, they announced it about 6 months out (I think it was?). They retrained everybody & found those who couldn't find alternate work a job, but 99% of employees were still there on closing day.

This Ford announcement is 3 & a bit years out, current employees are going to start looking into retraining & looking for other employment today. Those who find work will leave, not stay on till closing day.
Fords workforce will start decreasing from today, the workers positions Ford lose between now & then, they won't be able to won't be able to refill, because who in their right mind would take on a job knowing it won't be there in 3 years time, especially in this industry where you can spend your entire life working at the one company in the one job.

Ford will run short on workers, & production times (customer wait times) will blow out, they'll also get to a point where they don't have enough workers to continue production.
I hate to say it, but I don't see Australian Ford production making it till 2016.
Doubt that mate, most workers in the construction industry work on projects with a set timeframe to be completed and are sub contractors then when project is finished no job.