View Single Post
Old 19-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #9
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Clutch Problems!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsau
Well the beast is at home sitting outside the shed ready for me to start pulling it apart.

Thanks au3xr6 for the tip on getting started Worked a treat. As for changing gears...no chance in hell even matching revs. (I have done that before out of curiosity) however, with the amount of force required to even get it out of gear there was no hope of getting it back in gear again. Matched revs or not.

From this I hope it is simply a clutch fork. My fingers are crossed!!
hi mate,i've got an exedy sports tuff clutch in my falc. 99% of the dramas i've ever had with my car are clutch related ,i've snapped 3 cables and pulled the pin out of the original throw arm, cracked the fire wall and bent the pedal box!
another prob i had is that i melted the plastic around the inside cable and it bound up in there making it real hard to push down ,pull your clutch cable off and pull the inside cable out as much as you can on the end that goes through the fire wall and look for any wear/melted crap.