View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 04:04 PM   #177
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: Marriage - Bliss or Prison?

Sometimes divorce can have a positive effect on children. I'll start off by saying that my 'real' parents still to this day can't stand being on the same planet as each other let alone in the same town.

My parents have been divorced since 1980 after separating in 1979. I was 6 years old at the time, my brother was 4. To be honest, I can't really remember my parents being together and I can only assume that my brother can't remember it all. It is weird to say, "Mum and Dad..."

On the upside, I now have two Mums and two Dads and have so for a very loooong time. It was particularly great when I was in my late teens to early 20s - if one lot of parents weren't home or away on holidays etc I would simply go over to my other parents place had have a home cooked meal and get them to do my washing.

When we had kids it was even better, twice as many babysitters!!!

I'd hate to think what it would be like if my parents had stayed together. How different would my life be now, same may think even better, but growing up with two parents that would have still hated each other I think not.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
9 users like this post: