View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #8
!Gn|T|0n
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Brisbane Bikers looks like fun. I didn't know that M&W have rides; I'll look into that too. That's very humbling AGV, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm certainly not intending to be involved in any preventable incidents - on my behalf anyway. What times of day are best to hit the mountains – with regards to avoiding those who use both lanes to weave their way up and down at speed?

I'm not really sure on the bike I'm looking for yet. I really like the current model BMW R850R (or R1150R for that matter). A less than conventional choice for a first bike, being shaft drive and horizontally opposed but in the end I will probably decide to get on something a little cheaper to start with. I want something big enough to satisfy me for a few years. I've heard from a number of people who chose 250's (first hand from a mate with a 250 bandit) that you rapidly become accustomed to the bike and find the size and top speed characteristics a little boring.

I'm hiring either a bandit, a good old CBR250 or a Yamaha XV250 on the weekend to get a feel for some different bikes. Should be good if the weather holds. If not, good experience I guess.
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote