View Single Post
Old 23-07-2020, 08:58 AM   #8
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Qantas 747 says goodbye.

Wonder why it was going to LAX?

I saw the other week that two Qantas A380s were ferried across to Victorville (presumably Southern California Logistics Airport). I assume the plan is to place them into storage until such time as the COVID-19 pandemic impacts are reduced.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f...6001/#24fe816b

I had only ever flown on a Qantas B747 once, from Melbourne to Perth for work. The aircon played up and there was a stream of water coming from the cabin roof directly on to a passenger. The plane was chockers and they had nowhere else to move her to.

There was a mix up at the gates on arrival into Perth and we disembarked at the same time as a B747 from Sydney. That plane also looked full. If you've ever been to Perth domestic airport before, you'll know that all the gates lead down a set of escalators and then exit through a small door into the arrivals foyer. You could imagine the chaos caused by two B747s full of passengers trying to get out through that door! People were getting onto the escalator at the top, not realising that there was a jam at the bottom and people were having to walk backwards on the escalator to stop running into the people in front of them

To top it off, they then decided to place both aircraft's luggage onto the one carousel

A sad day to see the end of an era in Australian aviation history.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 23-07-2020 at 09:12 AM.
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: