View Single Post
Old 13-08-2020, 05:11 PM   #74
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammy View Post
Depends on circumstances, years ago I was transferred overseas on short notice and the company was footing all my relocation expenses. I sold my car for way less than it was worth because I really didn't care and I just wanted it gone and I was reimbursed for the lease payout difference.

As someone said before. You don't know unless you ask. I'm not rude when I make offers, I just state upfront that I'm a serious buyer with cash and I can deal right away.

For what it's worth I buy houses the same way and in uncertain economic times buyers are king.
Never quite got the "ive got cash" thing,spent 5 years of my life working for a Toyota dealership and another two at a Ford outfit and did hear that very thing on numerous occasions though never did work out what exactly i was supposed to do upon hearing it wasnt going to change a thing so "i havent got enough cash" a far more suitable comment followed by a walk to the finance dept ive heard the same "ive got cash" comment when selling my own cars over the years and again never worked out wtf i was supposed to do upon hearing it possibly along the way ive missed something but ive yet to accept anything else as payment for anything.