View Single Post
Old 28-07-2017, 10:33 PM   #288
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
only 21 forecast for adelaide with arvo rain and yet again, a lot of wind.

if its no trouble, some pics would be good. i'll PM you my email if thats the easiest way. Photobucket has really put a downer on this thread.

spent the weekend before last down at Wirrina Cove holiday park just to continue to work out how to set our van up for us. the wind did its best to try to relocate us. van seemed to handle it fine even though the canvas sides were quite bowed in with the wind and the sound on the inside was quite unnerving. no chance of sleep when its that windy.
Forecast predicted 55k/hr northerly winds here and at Pt Augusta where the reading for this area is taken it was a steady 25k/hr at 1pm yet it was dead calm here all day although you can hear the tops of the gums rustling in short bursts.
No probs with pics, i dont want to spoil it for you as discovering a new destination is part of the experience for mine but I'll forward some of your site and of the facilities to give you an idea of what to expect if you like.
Just returned from the Davey Gully hike at night, you can see from Pt Augusta to Pt Pirie with Pt Bonython and Whyalla in the distance.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: