View Single Post
Old 16-12-2015, 07:56 PM   #5
grn80
Starter Motor

Default Re: BA mk II turbo suspension

I'm finally getting around to providing feedback after installing these wonderful toys

First up i'll comment on Brett. It been along time that i've delt with a buisness that has someone as knowledgeable and friendly as Brett. Most people these days are just about giving you programmed responses to your questions designed to make you part with your money and once you get the product you find that they had no idea what they were talking about and that you have been given a bum steer.
Brett was extremely helpful over the phone with infomation about his product and other helpfull tips. I was impressed with the fact he offered for me to call anytime with any questions I may have.

Installation:
installing the kit was a breeze, the only issue was getting the old front struts out over the lower control arm.
Installing bretts gear was really easy.
With the rear i found that using a small trolley jack under the rear arm allowed me to raise it up slowly to the right height to install the shock.
I'm unable to comment on adjusting the ride height as I had Brett set them up for a 350mm ride height. (found that after they had settled he was spot on)
I think i may have taken some installation photo's and if anyone has any questions about the install feel free to ask and i'll atempt to answer

Driving:

For all those people that are sitting on the fence about what to do with your suspension don't, just save up and buy these coilovers.
Previously i had herrod motorsport springs and whiteline swaybars on the car and it still had the standard cars understeer and uncomfortable rear weight transfer issue.
Since installing the coilovers and changing back to standard swaybars the car is completely different. It is no longer harsh on bumps and the unnerving rear weight transfer has completely gone
I've adjusted the shocks from zero clicks up to 3 on the front and 4 on the rear. After 500km of driving in the the glass house mountains and blackall ranges (north of Brisbane) i've settled on 2 clicks on the front and 3 on the rear.
I've found that on my car having one click higher at all times on the rear has completely eliminated the understeer issue.
Zero on the front and one click on the rear is very nice but I prefer how the car rolls less with 2 on the front and 3 rear. On these settings I haven't had any issues at all with the car. (and to go faster to find the limits will require a trip to a racetrack as mister plod wouldn't be impressed!)

To be honest reading some of the reviews on this forum about these coilovers I've thought 'oh yeah they can't be that good!', but i can honestly say I'm extremely pleased that i took the plunge and purchased them as the reviews are right.

Another bonus of the coilovers is that my passenger door handle and centre console are going to live alot longer as now even through i'm driving the same roads alot faster my wife isn't scared anymore as the nervous twitchy feeling that the car used to do is completely gone

so to sum it up. nice guy with excellent service and a great product. just buy them you won't regret it at all

cheers
Graeme
grn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: